莎士比亞英文詩歌5首推薦朗讀
When in the chronicle of wasted time
當我從那湮遠的古代的紀年
I see descriptions of the fairest wights,
發見那絕代風流人物的寫真,
And beauty making beautiful old rhyme
艷色使得古老的歌詠也香艷,
In praise of ladies dead and lovely knights,
頌贊著多情騎士和絕命佳人,
Then, in the blazon of sweet beauty's best,
于是,從那些國色天姿的描畫,
Of hand, of foot, of lip, of eye, of brow,
無論手腳、嘴唇、或眼睛或眉額,
I see their antique pen would have express'd
我發覺那些古拙的筆所表達
Even such a beauty as you master now.
恰好是你現在所占領的姿色。
So all their praises are but prophecies
所以他們的贊美無非是預言
Of this our time, all you prefiguring;
我們這時代,一切都預告著你;
And, for they look'd but with divining eyes,
不過他們觀察只用想象的眼,
They had not skill enough your worth to sing:
還不夠才華把你歌頌得盡致:
For we, which now behold these present days,
而我們,幸而得親眼看見今天,
Had eyes to wonder, but lack tongues to praise.
只有眼驚羨,卻沒有舌頭詠嘆。
莎士比亞英文詩歌2
Not mine own fears, nor the prophetic soul
無論我自己的憂慮,或那夢想著
Of the wide world dreaming on things to come,
未來的這茫茫世界的先知靈魂,
Can yet the lease of my true love control,
都不能限制我的真愛的租約,
Supposed as forfeit to a confined doom.
縱使它已注定作命運的抵償品。
The mortal moon hath her eclipse endured
人間的月亮已度過被蝕的災難,
And the sad augurs mock their own presage;
不祥的占卜把自己的預言嘲諷,
Incertainties now crown themselves assured
動蕩和疑慮既已獲得了保險,
And peace proclaims olives of endless age.
和平在宣告橄橄枝永久蔥蘢。
Now with the drops of this most balmy time
于是在這時代甘露的遍灑下,
My love looks fresh, and death to me subscribes,
我的愛面貌一新,而死神降伏,
Since, spite of him, I'll live in this poor rhyme,
既然我將活在這拙作里,任憑他
While he insults o'er dull and speechless tribes:
把那些愚鈍的無言的種族凌辱。
And thou in this shalt find thy monument,
你將在這里找著你的紀念碑,
When tyrants' crests and tombs of brass are spent.
魔王的金盔和銅墓卻被銷毀。
莎士比亞英文詩歌5首推薦朗讀(篇1)
What's in the brain that ink may character
腦袋里有什么,筆墨形容得出,
Which hath not figured to thee my true spirit?
我這顆真心不已經對你描畫?
What's new to speak, what new to register,
還有什么新東西可說可記錄,
That may express my love or thy dear merit?
以表白我的愛或者你的真價?
Nothing, sweet boy; but yet, like prayers divine,
沒有,乖乖;可是,虔誠的禱詞
I must, each day say o'er the very same,
我沒有一天不把它復說一遍;
Counting no old thing old, thou mine, I thine,
老話并不老;你屬我,我也屬你,
Even as when first I hallow'd thy fair name.
就像我祝福你名字的頭一天。
So that eternal love in love's fresh case
所以永恒的愛在長青愛匣里
Weighs not the dust and injury of age,
不會蒙受年歲的損害和塵土,
Nor gives to necessary wrinkles place,
不會讓皺紋占據應有的位置,
But makes antiquity for aye his page,
反而把老時光當作永久的家奴;
Finding the first conceit of love there bred
發覺最初的愛苗依舊得保養,
Where time and outward form would show it dead.
盡管時光和外貌都盼它枯黃。
莎士比亞英文詩歌4
O, never say that I was false of heart,
哦,千萬別埋怨我改變過心腸,
Though absence seem'd my flame to qualify.
別離雖似乎減低了我的熱情。
As easy might I from myself depart
正如我拋不開自己遠走他方,
As from my soul, which in thy breast doth lie:
我也一刻離不開你,我的靈魂。
That is my home of love: if I have ranged,
你是我的愛的家:我雖曾流浪,
Like him that travels I return again,
現在已經像遠行的游子歸來;
Just to the time, not with the time exchanged,
并準時到家,沒有跟時光改樣,
So that myself bring water for my stain.
而且把洗滌我污點的水帶來。
Never believe, though in my nature reign'd
哦,請千萬別相信(盡管我難免
All frailties that besiege all kinds of blood,
和別人一樣經不起各種試誘)
That it could so preposterously be stain'd,
我的天性會那么荒唐和鄙賤
To leave for nothing all thy sum of good;
竟拋棄你這至寶去追求烏有;
For nothing this wide universe I call,
這無垠的宇宙對我都是虛幻;
Save thou, my rose; in it thou art my all.
你才是,我的玫瑰,我全部財產。
莎士比亞英文詩歌5首推薦朗讀(篇2)
Alas, 'tis true I have gone here and there
唉,我的確曾經常東奔西跑,
And made myself a motley to the view,
扮作斑衣的小丑供眾人賞玩,
Gored mine own thoughts, sold cheap what is most dear,
違背我的意志,把至寶賤賣掉,
Made old offences of affections new;
為了新交不惜把舊知交冒犯;
Most true it is that I have look'd on truth
更千真萬確我曾經斜著冷眼
Askance and strangely: but, by all above,
去看真情;但天呀,這種種離乖
These blenches gave my heart another youth,
給我的心帶來了另一個春天,
And worse essays proved thee my best of love.
最壞的考驗證實了你的真愛。
Now all is done, have what shall have no end:
現在一切都過去了,請你接受
Mine appetite I never more will grind
無盡的友誼:我不再把欲望磨利,
On newer proof, to try an older friend,
用新的試探去考驗我的老友--
A god in love, to whom I am confined.
那拘禁我的、鐘情于我的神袛。
Then give me welcome, next my heaven the best,
那么,歡迎我吧,我的人間的天,
Even to thy pure and most most loving breast.
迎接我到你最親的純潔的胸間。